Engelsk, 106 sider, magasin format, udgivet 1. januar 2021
I dette nummer kan du læse om:
" In an exclusive interview with our editor-in-chief Dirk Jan ten Geuzendam, the rising star of the year Alireza Firouzja, who now lives in Chartres (France), reveals his preference for classical chess and explains how his trainer Ivan Sokolov taught him to sit on his hands.
Our star reporter Simen Agdestein filed a complete report on the Skilling Open, where Wesley So spoiled Magnus Carlsen’s birthday party. Jorden van Foreest annotated two games in his trademark fresh style: entertaining and instructive.
Other stories to enjoy and lessons to be learned:
- The Queens Gambit Netflix series is stirring a chess boom. Who was Walter Trevis, the author of the novel on Beth Harmon?
- Erwin l’Ami: how good is Beth Harmon’s chess?
- A full report (17 pages!) by Senior Champion Joel Benjamin on the American Championship: winner Wesley So explains two of his wins, with further annotations by Jeffery Xiong, Junior Champion John Burke and Women Champion Irina Krush.
- Bobby Fischer: in a chapter from his brand-new book on the American chess genius, John Donaldson tells the story behind Bobby’s breakthrough in the Portoroz Interzonal in 1958, including some never before published training games.
- Judit Polgar: what I learned from Boris Spasski
- What Would YOU Play: IM Thomas Willemze continues his celebrated and extremely instructive series for club players.
- Jan Timman on Levon Aronian
- and much more."
Oprettet af: ole knudsen